Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On 01/01/2019 00:35, Commander Kinsey wrote:

Maybe if the energy guide label had actual numbers people would take
notice.* A to G is not useful.* But 50kWh per year is, people can
quickly establish how much it will save them per year, and if it's worth
buying the more expensive model.* When you buy a car, it doesn't have a
rating from A to G, it has miles per gallon, so you can work out how
much petrol it will cost you.

Its not just A to G but extra A+ ratings.
When I last compared the "average running costs" of various A, A+, A++
units there was so little difference that it wasn't worth worrying about
and I purchased based on USABLE space inside.

Running costs can depend on how often the door is opened and if the unit
is kept full etc.