Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Freezers - still using **** insulation?

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 23:12:33 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 21:34:50 -0000, danny burstein wrote:

In ARW writes:

On 31/12/2018 21:07, William Gothberg wrote:
I thought modern freezers were meant to have better insulation, so why
is mine always running? It doesn't seem to have a lower duty cycle than
the old ones of 30 years ago. Sure, the power consumption (according to
the label) is less, but shouldn't they have better insulation nowadays?
Or was all that banned by the greenies for that ozone nonsense?

FFS belt up for one night of the year.

The original poster really doesn't have a clue, amirite?

I eventually found a site that dared to shame the bad ones - including what you'd think would be good, Bosch and Whirlpool. Apparently running costs on new ones sold today are between 5p/litre and 19p/litre. Seriously, why haven't they stopped making inefficient crap? That's almost a factor of four!!

That's what you get for buying Lucas refrigerators BG

Here in North America they all pretty muchmeet the same standards -
and they are pretty darn efficient compared to even 20 years ago.

About half the space wasted for insulation with twice the insulation
rating. The high performance molded foam insulations are FAR superior
to the old packed fiberglass and the metal cases don't rust through
any more from the insulation holding moisture.