Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Finished the Cypress Chairs

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 18:00:57 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 4:48:30 PM UTC-6, Markem wrote:

I have Chinese variety of Chestnut, which grows quite well here in
southern Illinois (heavy clay soil). The deer love them as do the
squirels, the tree will not grow as large as it American cousin. The
trees have self craeted a nice grove.

If my stock doesn't grow/produce because of blight, I may opt for a hybrid variety.

Sonny

Well if you want the chestnuts for planting, late July to august is
when they are dropping here. Packing up a few is no problem. The pods
themselves are viscous thing, think sweet gum with a fire ants bite.