Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 12/29/18 12:06 PM, William Gothberg wrote:

[snip]

In the UK we don't have that problem, my kitchen is full of 13A 240V
sockets, just like every other room, it's what I plug my kettle,
dishwasher, washing machine, bread maker, etc, etc into.* All of which
would be utterly useless on a 120V circuit.

Here, I use a kettle you put on the stove, and all the others are 120V.

I thought the USA had 240V
sockets in rooms where they're likely to be needed, like the kitchen?

Some kitchens have a 240V 40A outlet for a stove. Mine is built-in and
hardwired.

Some older houses have 240V (15 or 20A) sockets (for window air
conditioners).

And where do you plug in a 2kW hoover?* I plug mine in any room I'm
hoovering.

Probably get by with a smaller unit.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Why has a religious turn of mind always a tendency to narrow and harden
the heart?" -- Robert Burns