Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.electronics
dkol dkol is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

"William Gothberg" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 03:34:41 -0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 29/12/2018 17:26, William Gothberg wrote:

I don't need a MW, but the usual 600W to 900W in domestic ovens is
pitiful. What's wrong with 2kW?

I don't find much use for the 1,200W setting. The only real use is for
heating water quickly when the kettle's broken. Even jacket spuds are
cooked unevenly. Thick soup needs to be stirred during cooking. Meat is
hopeless.

I can't comment on the meat as I'm a vegetarian, but surely soup, once any
part reaches boiling or near boiling, is going to bubble about and convect
by moving the liquid about. When I cook soup, I just stir it when it's
finished.

Anyway, for bigger things like a roast, what we need is a different
frequency of microwaves that penetrates deeper. Must be possible.

Not it is not.