Michael Chare

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

"ANt" wrote in message
om...

Anyone have any experience of these policies and what the 'inspection'
is supposed to include ? I'm afraid I didn't spend too much time
looking into it before hand which was stupid in retrospect. It didn't
really cross my mind that they'd send someone round once a year to
polish the boiler housing and not bother checking inside it
considering they're supposed to cough up for any problems. However I
don't really want to knock 5 years life of the boiler because it's not
actually being serviced properly.

I would have thought that there should be some maintenance instructions for the
boiler which would tell you what servicing is required.
(Maybe you need to get a copy from manufacturer.)

In my (old) experience the thermo couples fail and need replacing if you don't
want to stay cold.

You might find that something like inspection of the burners is covered, but
replacment is not.

Michael Chare