Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Low power space heater?

In article ,
Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 12/28/18 12:05 PM, KenK wrote:
Is there such a thing as a low power space heater?

I've heard of ones like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-100-MyH...DTWN2/ref=sr_1
_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546042264&sr=8-3&keywords=low%2Bpower%2Bheater&th=1

BTW, I have no idea why color affects the price so much.

I think this heater matches KenK's request. I also recall a 500 Watt
element that screwed into a standard light bulb socket, but that was 50
years ago.

Commonly available electric space heaters are in the 1000 to 1500 Watt
range. If you used one with a thermostat, you would reduce total
watt-hours consumed.

Back to the original requirement: are you sure that the low-powered
electric heater costs less to operate than a thermostatically-controlled
propane heater? If you use your electric heater for a while, you may
find that the increase in electricity costs is greater than the
reduction in propane costs.

Fred