Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelicapaganelli@yahoo.com is offline

Default Low power space heater?

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 1:05:59 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
Is there such a thing as a low power space heater? My central heating in my
mobile home is propane which has become too expensive to use. I don't have
heat in the kitchen and I have relatively high power stuff like a
refrigerator, MW oven, bread machine, etc. there. Rather than worrying
about tripping the breaker can anyone think of a way to up the temps a bit
when I'm in there for any length of time? I live in SW AZ so cold to me is
50s - 60s.

I guess it's all in what you're used to. We're having an unseasonably warm
50 F day here in southeast Michigan, so the furnace is off and the windows
are open. Tomorrow will be a perfectly average 32 F, so the windows will
be closed and the furnace will be on.

It would take me the rest of my natural life to get used to your climate,
and I'd be miserable and cowering in the air conditioning the whole time.

Can't help you with your space heating problem; electricity is more
expensive than gas here. Even more expensive than propane, I think.

Cindy Hamilton