Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Low power space heater?

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 1:05:59 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
Is there such a thing as a low power space heater? My central heating in my
mobile home is propane which has become too expensive to use. I don't have
heat in the kitchen and I have relatively high power stuff like a
refrigerator, MW oven, bread machine, etc. there. Rather than worrying
about tripping the breaker can anyone think of a way to up the temps a bit
when I'm in there for any length of time? I live in SW AZ so cold to me is
50s - 60s.

I have a swamp cooler there whose AC receptacle would be available in
winter but I'm afraid it doesn't use nearly as much current as a space
heater so that though the swamp cooler doesn't cause any breaker tripping
the heater might.

Suggestions? Experiences?

TIA

A heat pump, maybe mini-split could work well in that environment.
You would be getting 3x+ what you would from electric resistance heat.