Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default smokey room when fireplace is going

When I light up the fireplace, the room is filling up with smoke.
I've checked the flue and it's definitely opened as far as it can go.
What I'm wondering is, is it possible that the chimney, or the pipe
leading up to the roof, is partially clogged? I've heard others
mention too that it could be due to the air flow outside, causing the
smoke to drift inside the house.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife was watching Riple's Believe it or Not and
some family had this same problem. Upon investigation, they found out that a
buglar had attempted to come down the chimney some time ago and what
remained was a charred skeleton stuck in the flu. Police investigated and
identified the man as a bank robber who commited the robbery some 15 years
earlier. The found ID in his wallet, which was still intact, despite years
of smoke and heat going up the chimney. A gruesome discovery for the new
family that moved into that house!
I certainly hope that isn't the case with your chimney.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com