Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Verizon fixed my copper

On 12/27/2018 5:17 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 12/27/2018 5:58 AM, Frank wrote:
On 12/27/2018 6:14 AM, devnull wrote:
On 12/27/18 5:15 AM, micky wrote:
Despite the stories I've heard about Verizon not wanting to fix coppper
lines, when I called last Wednesday afternooon, they came out on Friday
afternoon and it tookÂ* him 2 hours and he had to go back 90% of the way
to the exchange but he fixed it.Â* Got rid of the hum.

V repairs copper lines in areas where FiOS is not available yet.

But if FiOS is available, why bother?Â* Only a luddite would want slow
DSL/POTS over old copper lines.

In our area, AT&T chose not to replace their old slow copper lines
with fiber so Comcast ate their lunch.Â* I expect AT&T will abandon
their lines here in a few years.

I have Comcast plus a FIOS land line from copper replacement.Â* It
still gets billed like a land line and you have to pay extra for long
distance carrier and things like caller id.Â* I bill it out to a
consulting client otherwise would cancel it.Â* AT&T still has that old
telephone company mentality where they act like the only game in town.

Â* Out here in the woods 12 miles from the nearest town DSL is all we
can get . And Yelcot really is the only game in town unless you want
satellite . That said , I recently changed our telephone/internet plan ,
got a faster internet connection , caller waiting , free unlimited long
distance all in addition to our original service . They call it a
"residential bundle" and when we changed our bill went ... down a few
bucks .

For a year or 2. Then the sky's the limit.