Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Problem connecting 2 phones to the same BT line

On 27/12/2018 14:02, wrote:
On Thursday, 27 December 2018 13:00:27 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Thank you all for your useful suggestions. I have now rewired the
sockets connecting the bell wire. It now works great deal better. I can
answer calls on both the BT and the Amplidect phones, also make calls.
The one remaining problem is that if I answer on the BT phone the
Amplidect stays connected and ringing.

That also suggests a cord/wiring fault. With some phones they will sense a DC voltage on the ringing wire and treat it as a ringing signal.

Check the wiring is not reversed 2345 - 5432 anywhere, bearing in mind some extension sockets are numbered the opposite way to BT sockets (which are traditionally numbered the opposite way to the plug!).

It's also possible if you have two master sockets reversed that the out-of-service resistor on one might be bleeding enough voltage through to the ring wire on the other for this to happen.

Owain

Sorry I did not understand that. :-((