Tom Newton

Default Radiant Heat in Slab -- HELP!

Jon -

Thanks for your concern. Yes, thankfully, it's warmed up nicely ---
especially since the air was removed from the system...

At any rate, we're doing two things 1) insulting the outer perimeter or the
slab, and 2) getting a new boiler (the old clunker is struggling at 86 years
old)...

Still a long way to go... but we're heading in the right direction

Tom

"Jon Elson" wrote in message

Tom Newton wrote:
PJ -

What's a setback thermostat?

So, it's been 2 days. Any change? It may take a week (or even more)
to warm up that slab and the several feet of earth underneath it.
The exterior insulation sounds like a really good idea. If the
return water was warm and you still had cold rooms, then you would
have a disaster, ie. not enough heat exchanger surface area.
I suspect you will be seeing some improvement already.

Jon