Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Door lock lube?

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 19:28:11 -0600, Dave Garrett
wrote:

I recently upgraded all of the locks in my house to higher-quality
Schlage models. I had a locksmith come out to rekey them, and mentioned
that I'd been having trouble with the old locks sticking every few
months. I'd always used graphite to lubricate them, and was surprised
when the locksmith told me that he never used graphite and had serviced
countless locks where he'd had to clean them out to get them working
properly again after an overzealous application of the stuff.

Exactly. Ask your local prison locksmith.

Even the pins it lock cylinder can wear out. Fix that and not use a
band-aid of graphite.