Posted to alt.home.repair
William Gothberg[_2_] William Gothberg[_2_] is offline

Default Door lock lube?

In article , says...

On 12/26/18 10:37 AM, TimR wrote:
Graphite can cake up into a mess with any humidity. I did use it in locks years ago and it worked well temporarily.

Now I've been using a drop of STP on the key and a squirt of WD40. That combination has been effective so far. STP is magic stuff, it clings to anything. Including your hands, you can wash multiple times and still have it on your fingers.

The Schlage website recommends dry graphite for deadbolt cylinder
lubrication. Kinda' hard to second guess them, I'd think...

I told ya so.