Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Drilling a hole for an outside socket

It is more likely to be that the hole was not in fact at the point you
imagined. Its hard to follow the brick lines when a door frame is in the
way.

The question is why start from the outside in the first place if te pipes
are inside start from there and you will be sure not to hit them.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim K.." wrote in message
o.uk...
"Jim K.." Wrote in message:
ARW Wrote in message:
Just fitted an outside socket at my friends daughters house.

I failed at my first attempt. I then got my mate Dave to double check
why the drill bit never entered the kitchen.

We both double checked the measurements (ie following the brick line
from the back door around the corner of the kitchen to the bottle of
washing up liquid that he had placed on the windowsill for a vertical
measurement so that I did not hit the incoming cold water supply or the
washing machines water supply.

In the end we drilled from inside to out and we were both 12 inches out
on the vertical. The kitchen floor is reasonably level so what went
wrong?

Cavity wall?

Ah just spotted "vertical"....

Too high or too low?