Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Door lock lube?

On 24 Dec 2018 18:07:47 GMT, KenK wrote:

I see PTFE formula listed for such products as 3 in 1 Dry Lock lube and
several others. So far I've been using little graphite tubes for door and
building locks - usually spraying it on the key, inserting and turning a
few times. The tubes very quickly run out of graphite and cost about $1.50.
I'm thinking of switching to the 3 in 1 product instead. Any experiences or
remarks before I do so?

TIA

I use AGS Lock Ease colloidal graphite solution when I need or want
graphite in a lock.
(https://www.lawsonproducts.ca/AGS/Lo...Fluid/58570.lp)

seems ti be hard to find in that plastic bottle now - most everyone
carries the aerosol instead. I'ce had my little plastic bottle for
YEARS.