Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.electronics,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Do switch mode power supplies flicker in time with mains?

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 19:13:58 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 22:28:10 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 17:38:42 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in
message
news On Sat, 22 Dec 2018 23:33:40 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in
message
news Why do you think Iiyama made 90Hz monitors?

Because some freaks can see flicker at 50Hz and
are free to pay more for something faster.

High frequency monitors were very popular.

Not because many ever saw any flicker.

There would be no other reason.

Wrong, as always.

Getting back to the subject of the LEDs.... I decided I needed an
oscilloscope. Just got one for £19 from China! Little portable thing
that runs off a PP3 9V battery. Fairly basic, but it measures up to
200kHz waveforms.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283094513911

Yeah, some surprisingly cheap ones around.

I actually have a proper dual channel cro, ex TV repair operation.

Have you ever used one of those cheap ones?

No.

Are they any good?

Yeah, have seen some who have said they
work fine for audio type frequencys.