Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Drilling a hole for an outside socket

Your friend lives in a tardis?

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
Just fitted an outside socket at my friends daughters house.

I failed at my first attempt. I then got my mate Dave to double check why
the drill bit never entered the kitchen.

We both double checked the measurements (ie following the brick line from
the back door around the corner of the kitchen to the bottle of washing up
liquid that he had placed on the windowsill for a vertical measurement so
that I did not hit the incoming cold water supply or the washing machines
water supply.

In the end we drilled from inside to out and we were both 12 inches out on
the vertical. The kitchen floor is reasonably level so what went wrong?

--
Adam