Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default stump removal, was: Pressure washers

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 11:05:25 -0500, "TomR"
wrote:

Somebody wrote,

You could try posting or looking on Craigslist. I'd bet you can find
someone local to grind it for a lot less than the $500 the one guy
wanted. Of course when dealing with someone from CL or the like,
whether they have insurance an such can be an issue.

If you do post on Craigslist, (a god idea, in my opinion), include a photo
of the stump with a ruler or something else in the photo to give the viewer
an idea of the size of the stump.

When I removed my cherry tree it cost me $300 Canadian to have the
stump ground down to 8 or 10 inches below ground level. Base minimum
charge up to a minimum diameter, then so much an inch over that.