Robert Irwin

Default A bit OT - but someone will know... (Camcorder)

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
...................or it should have gone to a different group (please
advise).

A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It
is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he
can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on

his
TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

If your mate has a PC it might be best to get a VIVO type pci card with NTSC
/ PAL switchable settings in hardware and/or software, depending on what
exactly its for. I don't knwo that exact model but if its got fireware then
its easy just to pull the vid in and change the output format, then run it
out the svhs and audio to a scart socket. Handy to have this sort of kit
anyway for editing, saving to mpeg on CD/DVD etc

Or buy a new TV and video...

Robert