Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_7_] TomR[_7_] is offline

Default Pressure washers

"Idlehands" wrote in message news
On 2018-12-19 3:01 p.m., Terry Coombs wrote:
Will one of the better units cut wood if I use a straight nozzle ? I'm
not sure (because this idea just came to me mere seconds ago) what kind of
pressures they develop these days , but I do know for a fact that I have
used one (30 years ago in another life) To cut other difficult materials .
All these questions come about because I got a stump . A big stump . A big
red oak stump with a taproot . And it's right smack in the way of the
shelter I'm about to build to cover my camper . I went out there on Sunday
afternoon with a pick-axe , shovel , axe , and one of my chainsaws . I
managed to chop out maybe 3 of probably 20 or more roots about 5"-6" in
diameter . Then spent the next 2 days with lower back pain . There's gotta
be a better way than diggin' and choppin' with an axe ! Then I thought
about pressure washers ...

No guarantees but stumbled across this video the other day, the music is
annoying but it seems to work. YMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgx_VPmJx8

Wow, excellent video. I was going to suggest burning the stump because I
saw some videos in the past about that. But this video is excellent.

I am assuming the OP lives in a remote area where it is okay to have open
fires. In my suburban area, it is not permitted.

Also check out this follow-up video by the same person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuiXfS6eL7Y