Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pressure washers

On Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 9:42:58 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 12/20/2018 6:41 AM, shadow, me & my wrote:
https://tannerite.com will do it.

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news : Will one of the better units cut wood if I use a straight nozzle ?
: I'm not sure (because this idea just came to me mere seconds ago) what
: kind of pressures they develop these days , but I do know for a fact
: that I have used one (30 years ago in another life) To cut other
: difficult materials . All these questions come about because I got a
: stump . A big stump . A big red oak stump with a taproot . And it's
: right smack in the way of the shelter I'm about to build to cover my
: camper . I went out there on Sunday afternoon with a pick-axe , shovel ,
: axe , and one of my chainsaws . I managed to chop out maybe 3 of
: probably 20 or more roots about 5"-6" in diameter . Then spent the next
: 2 days with lower back pain . There's gotta be a better way than diggin'
: and choppin' with an axe ! Then I thought about pressure washers ...
:
: --
: Snag
: Yes , I'm old
: and crochety - and armed .
: Get outta my woods !
:

Â* Yup , and probably take out the shed next to the stump where my 1939
Harley is stored . If this stump was out in the woods , I might try some
kind of explosive - but then if it was out in the woods I wouldn't need
to remove it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

You haven't said how big in diameter this stump is. You've dug out around it,
why can't you use a chainsaw to cut it off flush with the ground? That's what
I wanted my tree guys to do with one here and they were going to do it.
But they decided that it was easier and better to just grind it, since they
had the grinder here doing other stuff. Without a grinder, I think a
chainsaw would be my choice. Like I and Fretwell said before, you could
use the power washer to clean it off first, or maybe just a good washing
with a garden hose to get rid of the dirt so it doesn't dull the chain.