Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stump removal, was: Pressure washers

On 12/20/2018 9:14 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/19/2018 09:06 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 02:16:31 +0000 (UTC), danny
burstein wrote:

In the GOod Old Daize, before Oklahoma City, the 1993 WTC bombing,
and a couple of other incidents, all you needed was to pick up
some fertilizer and fuel oil...

Skip* the fertilizer.* I saw a video where he ised oil or gasoline tp
set the wood on fire and burnt the stump out.* It didn't go very well,
but it might go better for Terry.** It did burn all night and get rid of
30 or 40% but then the fire went out.

Isnt' there some microbe you can put in the stump and it will eat it* up
in a year or two?

There was a deal where you bored holes in the stump and poured in a
saltpeter solution. iirc the idea was to make it burn better. We tried
it on an elm stump without much success. It was there until the town
ran a sewer line and dug it out with a hoe.

* And I don't have a year or two to wait , it needs to go NOW . If I
can get it cut off below grade I'll be alright , I need to build that
area up with some gravel anyway - the stump is right where the gravel
will be thinnest or I wouldn't worry about it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old