Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default stump removal, was: Pressure washers

On 12/20/2018 05:16 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Well , many years ago in another time and place I was involved in some
R&D work that involved explosives . Little outfit that was known at that
time as Morton-Thiokol Corp at their plant west of Brigham City
Utahahaha ... We built all the STS boosters there - you might be more
familiar with the name "Space Shuttle" .

My brother spent close to 20 years there before he moved out to
Vandenberg when they were looking at getting the shuttle. One of my
favorites of his anecdotes concerned the gleaming white motors. While
the engineers were pondering the paint job Rufus ran down to the
hardware store, bought a few paint rollers, and turned the thing white.

otoh, my sister-in-law referred to her years in Ogden as camping out.
She was a Baptist which meant you were pretty much a pariah in '60s Utah.