Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Careful, it's heavy!

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 00:41:14 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 22:02:36 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 20:41:18 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in
message
news On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 02:10:15 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/17/2018 01:29 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
She should have received nothing. Coffee is hot, end of story.
She
should have known this. When I make coffee, I BOIL the kettle.
It
only
cools when adding some milk.

She was trying to add milk... I find it annoying when I get coffee
and
it's too hot to drink. I want my caffeine now, not 5 miles down the
road. 205 F is the ideal temperature to brew coffee but once it's
brewed
there's no reason to keep it near boiling.

Don't be so ridiculous. If you want it a decent temperature after
you
add
the milk, the coffee has to be hotter than that top begin with.
Balancing
it between your legs in a moving car is the utmost stupidity. She
deserved a lifetime scar for her insanity.

She got one.

But she did not deserve the compensation claim.

Sure, but it is yankeeland. Their problem.

It's the UK's problem when we start copying them,

You havent with suing for doing something that stupid.

We're not quite as bad

Nothing even remotely like it in fact.

but we're getting there at an alarming rate.

Bull****.

which we have in spades.

Bull**** you have with suing for something that stupid.

Trouble is, over 50% of us can't even remember the time when we used to
laugh at the Americans for their lawsuits.

You lot don't sue for something that stupid.

Neither does anyone else except the stupid yanks.

And the rest of the world did not deserve colder coffee just because
of her.

There rest of the world didn't get colder coffee because of her.

No one else served coffee that hot.

Some people like hot coffee.

They still get it.

Not when companies like MacDonalds have to serve colder coffee

They don't. And it was only McDs that served it that stupidly hot.

because of the morons who burn their **** due to their own stupidity.

She didn't burn her **** and McDs didn't change the
temperature at which they served the coffee either.

Almost everyone I know boils the water for the coffee before adding the
milk.

And they are still free to do that.

But not from fast food outlets.

Wrong, as always. Nothing has changed with those.