Stormin Mormon

Default Thermostat or furnace problem?

Sounds like your furnace guy is going to earn his keep today. That doesn't
sound right, 90 minutes to get up to temp..... and it's even colder?

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"Doug" wrote in message
om...
We set our thermostat down to 63 at night, set to heat up to 70
(tropical, I know) starting at 6am. On most days everything works
normally. However, on occasion, I will come downstairs at 7:30 am and
find that the thermostat is reading only 61 degrees-- 2 degrees colder
than the coldest temperature, and 90 minutes after the heat was
supposed to come on!

The furnace appears to be working; the house does heat up eventually.
But it's weird to me that the room would be colder than the thermostat
setting. In the past that has never happened. It's also strange that
this problem does not occur consistently.

For what it's worth, I noticed that it appears that only one of the 2
wires from the thermostat are attached to the furnace. But it must
have been that way for the past few years, because the wire looked to
be cut and it's something I have never messed with.

I have called the furnace people to come have a look, in case it's the
blower or something. But if others think it's the thermostat, I may
cancel the appointment and try to fix myself. Any thoughts?

Any help is much appreciated. This forum has always been a great
resource.

Thanks,
Doug