Chucky

Default house rebuilt year

"Djavdet" wrote in message
om...
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message

Djavdet wrote:

Hi every one.
I have a question,
We are trying to buy a house and everything was good enough so far

but
recently we found that house has an older foundation then structure
itself.
Seller did not disclose that fact and listed the house as '85 but
foundation is older , like '69.
So does anybody know whether the seller is supposed to disclose such
information and what's gonna happen if he did not? I mean , should

we
be warried about it or just forget it?
Yeah everything is happening in NH
Please advise
Thanks
Djavdet

Ask the town bldg dep't if they have any permit info
on the house. If the rebuild was done sans permit, the
seller would need to have disclosed that fact at least.

If it was disclosed to them.

Thanks for the answer,
Let's say we found that they had building permit and city knows about
( I think it is so ). I am trying to think how bad this is for us?
Would not it be a lie to us and maybe the price of the house should be
adjusted? We negotiated the price without knowledge of that rebuilt
thing. Or maybe i need to ask this question to lawyer?

In general, should not rebuilt house be priced a bit lower then
"normal" one?
Thanks
Djavdet.

yah right!
a rebuilt house would be priced "higher" than the original not lower. It
sounds like you got a great deal.
and BTW
the foundation age should have been on the purchase and sales agreement or
listings page (before you purchased it). You should check your paper work
again.