Andy Hill

Default house rebuilt year

(Djavdet) wrote:
Let's say we found that they had building permit and city knows about
( I think it is so ). I am trying to think how bad this is for us?
Would not it be a lie to us and maybe the price of the house should be
adjusted? We negotiated the price without knowledge of that rebuilt
thing. Or maybe i need to ask this question to lawyer?
In general, should not rebuilt house be priced a bit lower then
"normal" one?

Eh, it's not like foundations wear out (at least, not over the timeframes we're
dealing with her). Why should it be priced lower? As long as the foundation
area was brought up to code (vapor barrier, insulation) at the time of
construction, I can't see how it'd matter.

Now if the reason things were rebuilt was due to a fire, then I'd be a bit more
leery -- there'd be the possibility of all kinds of spalling or other weakening
if the fire had been severe.