Darrell

Default house rebuilt year

The build date and effective year built are two different dates
entirely. Your county tax assessor should have the build date indicated
by the original permit pulled by the developer or builder. Like already
mentioned your planning and zoning department should have a record of
the original build date.

No need to panic though. When the dates differ you just need to find
our why. In many cases it’s an error or the home has been updated and
the work was extensive enough that the county chose an effective year
built of 1985 over original date 1969. I think your seller should have
advertised 1969 regardless.

It could be a good thing, I’ve seen homes that were gutted to the studs
and had new wiring, plumbing, sheet-rock, casing, base etc. replaced.
If you don’t have any permits pulled in 1980’s then I would worry. Plus
make sure that the home doesn’t have aluminum wiring. It would be an
anomaly if it did but these are questions to ask.

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com