Joseph Meehan

Default Hot water fast

Really easy. A loop with one end at the hot end and the other to the
bottom of the heater. Assuming the heater in below the distribution lines
the hot water will rise and the cold water in the line will fall creating a
slow movement through the pipe from the top (hot) end to the bottom (less
hot) part of the water heater.

As I understand it, it does not always work all that well with out a
pump assist, it consumes energy and it requires a return line, not always
easy to add after the fact.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"William Morris" wrote in
message ...
Now, THAT'S an interesting idea. I don't suppose there's a picture on the
web somewhere that diagrams that, is there..?

- Wm

--
William Morris
Tailor, Seamlyne reProductions

"HeatMan" wrote in message
link.net...
There is a chance that there is a thermosiphon loop in the hot water

system.

"TigerPaw40" wrote in message
Moved into a 1978 built two story home. The weird thing is we get

instant
hot
water upstairs in both bathrooms. In all the homes I have lived in you

would
have to run the water a bit to get hot water. In this house the water

is
very
hot instantly. Is this something that was designed in the home, or

could
have
some type of plumbing problem?