Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Careful, it's heavy!

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 01:00:15 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:51:02 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:33:15 -0000, Rod Speed

wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in
message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 02:41:15 -0000, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/16/2018 04:14 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 12/16/2018 5:09 PM, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my
parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and
carried
them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended
two
people carry this bag together". I find it very hard to believe
I'm
4
times stronger than the average person.

For the metric impaired, that is 28 pounds American. When I was
13
worked in a grocery store after school and moved 50# bags of sugar
and
potatoes. Probably most of us at that age could.

I don't have parrots but a few weeks ago I bought a 50# bag of
sunflower
seeds for the wild birds, slung it over my shoulder, grabbed a box
of
suet blocks with my other hand, checked out, and headed for the
car.
fwiw I haven't seen 13 in many decades.

You're lucky you weren't jailed for endangering yourself.

No one gets jailed for that.

Won't be long the way health and softy's going.

Bull****.

Have you not noticed the wimps are taking over?

No wimps have taken over anything to do with me.

It's the wimps that put these silly safety notices on everything.

I ignore them.

It's the wimps that make silly regulations forbidding people from just
getting on with what they're doing.

I ignore those too.