Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_20_] Chuck[_20_] is offline

Default Source for quality tiny torx screwdriver bits?

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:20:24 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 11:11:12 -0600, Chuck wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 00:19:25 -0800, mike wrote:
So, any recommendations for a small set of tiny
torx bits that actually hold up under use?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-...381H/302735271
have held up well for me.

In my never humble opinion, those are not very good. The previous
version of those Husky Torx drivers were wonderful. I have several
sets and found them to be a very good fit and quite rugged. The new
and improved model is garbage, with a sloppy fit. Fast photo:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/crud/Husky-Torx.jpg
The upper driver is the older better model. The lower drive is the
current version which I detest. Notice the sides of the Torx bits.
The old version has sides that are parallel, while the new version is
tapered, producing a smaller point of contact, and a sloppy fit.

Jeff,
Didn't know they changed. I have the old version.