Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
William Gothberg William Gothberg is offline

Default Careful, it's heavy!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:56:03 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:16:42 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Liam Roberts" wrote in message
news On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 23:51:34 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 23:03:37 -0000, Rod Speed

On 2018-12-16 3:09 p.m., Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
What's the world coming to? I just bought 2 bags of seed for my
parrots. Each one is 12.75kg. I picked both up at once and
carried
them easily, yet each ONE says on the back, "it is recommended two
people carry this bag together". I find it very hard to believe
I'm
4
times stronger than the average person.

you're not

Then the warning on the bag is erroneous.

Nope, its correct to minimise back injury.
13KG is more than ideal to avoid back
injury with those with the worst backs.

Any healthy person can easily lift double that without hurting
themselves.

Yes, but there is no way to ensure that none of
your customers have any back problems, stupid.

Anyone with a back problem wouldn't try to lift something heavy.

All of those with a back problem didn't realise
that they had one until they ****ed their back
lifting something too heavy, stupid.

And the label should then say "people with back problems should ask for
assistance".

See above.

Why should sensible folk have to look out for ****wits?

They don't. Those with a clue print that **** on their sack
so that when someone ****s their back lifting that sack
they point to the text and tell them to **** off.

The point is we shouldn't ave to litter our labels with all that rubbish.

Lift something you can't lift easily, and you'll damage yourself,

Problem is that with something you
can easily lift, you can **** some backs.

Bull****, utter ****ing bull****. You feel pain and/or tiredness grying to do something close to your maximum abilities.

it's not rocket science.

Too much for you tho.

I've never done something stupid enough to damage my back.