Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default OT Irish Border

harry wrote:

You need to consider all types of Port and the shipping that uses it ,not
just what tourists see when they they take their car on a touring holiday
and share the decks with a couple of lorries.

https://www.imdo.ie/Home/site-area/s...port-companies

Now that, I suppose, is the real reason they want a "frictionless"
border. They would have massive expenditure to increase their port sizes.

So, post no deal Brexit, they are ****ed.

If at the moment if for example 100 containers go Ireland -UK -Continent
and in future they are redirected to Ireland - Continent how come they
are going to need more room , do the containers double in size or
something?

Because, ****-fer-brains, they send their stuff by road container to Belfast.
Their own ports are small.
Especially the ones linked to the EUSSR.
As are the French ports facing them.

Stuff goes Dover/Calais via the Chunnel mostly I 'spect.

Why dont you use your noddle and look properly,

You as an arrogant Englishman probably hold the view that the Irish are
thick but they actually are not,
If you pals idea to block the landbridge took place all they would have to
do is switch the containers to a feeder container ship, a large proportion
of goods already goes to the continent that way anyway.
Ohh look about a minute ontweb shows
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...SKIP%20EXPRESS

Left Waterford this morning bound for Rotterdam , Thats a small port isnt
it.sometimes they will go to Le Havre ,thats hardly a small port either .

She can carry about 850 TEU which is a lot less than the big ones from the
Far East but heck a of a lot more than you fit on the back of lorries on a
ro ro ferry and she shuttles back and forth regularly and there are lots
more doing it.
Leaving Cork in this video.
https://youtu.be/C5gFVBXCC7g

But I expect as usual you will get abusive and deny facts as you cannot
handle reality.

GH