Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Home LED Flickers

On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 11:11:28 AM UTC-5, Tim R wrote:
On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 8:26:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:
There are two parts of an LED lamp/fixture.

a) The LED emitters themselves: These are pretty generic beasts, and while not-quite-one-size-fits-all, the same emitter may provide light from between 3000K to 5000K. They are also pretty bullet-proof.

b) The "Driver" - which is a device that takes current from some source and makes it into what the emitters want for a particular type (Temperature and CRI) of output.

Massive RF output - 5% - so massive as to even step on cell phones and blue-tooth frequencies on rare occasions, but mostly lower bands.

Hmm. Our Christmas tree has a couple hundred LED lights on it. Am I broadcasting RF to the neighborhood?

Depends on the driver. You would know if you were.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA