Doug

Default Hot water fast

The first thing that comes to mind is a very slow leak somewhere near the
upstairs, hopefully not behind a wall. This would explain the constant hot
water supply to the upstairs. I would start looking around for discolored
walls, 1st story ceilings or area's that look moist. Even if it were a
direct line upstairs with 1/2 inch copper it would still take a few seconds
to get hot water.

Am I correct in understanding that *as soon as you turn it on*, you have hot
water immediately?

Doug

"TigerPaw40" wrote in message
: Moved into a 1978 built two story home. The weird thing is we get instant
hot
: water upstairs in both bathrooms. In all the homes I have lived in you
would
: have to run the water a bit to get hot water. In this house the water is
very
: hot instantly. Is this something that was designed in the home, or could I
have
: some type of plumbing problem?