Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Kristy Ogilvie Kristy Ogilvie is offline

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:48:59 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:06:51 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:04:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn
back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

I agree on that, the "greenies" trying to stop us providing air for the
plants to breathe is insane. What could possibly be wrong with bigger
crops?

Afterr plants, cats rule the world. Eny Fule kno that.

Only if you let them. Mine do what they're told if they want fed. Cats
are thick as **** and can't look after themselves, so they'd better be
nice to me. For example I have two which try to drink water out of a
tap
when it's switched off. They can't turn it on themselves, and just lick
it, get irritated, then sit silently waiting for me to turn it on for
them, even though there's fresh water in a bowl I put down 2 minutes
ago.
I don't turn the tap on anymore, it's getting annoying when I forget to
turn it off and it runs all night then wakes me up.

and loads of other species went extinct?
Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man
appeared.

And at a much faster rate since we we here.

Only with a few species. With plenty of others there are now
far more than there ever were before, most obviously with
dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, chooks, turkeys etc.

I was only referring to the number of species. That's what's important.

Not its not. Doesn't matter a damn if a large number of obscure
insect species are now extinct because we have been pretty gung
ho in the use of insecticide since we invented those.

If you have 2000 dogs and 2000 cats, all is fine. If tomorrow you have
4000 dogs and 0 cats, you aren't doing as well, as you can never make
another cat.

We havent extincted anything that matters.

The dodo is gone, whoopy ****ing do. It was always
a complete dud anyway, that's why its now extinct.

I agree, but my original point was humans are the superior species because we don't go extinct.