Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On Sunday, 16 December 2018 16:16:19 UTC, T i m wrote:
Serious questions.
1) How many Xmyth cards do you (and the Mrs etc) typically get each
year?

7 so far. But I also get some gifts which don't come with cards :-)

2) What percentage of them are from people you are likely to see very
regularly (like at work the day you break for Xmyth, if you were still
working)?

About half

3) What percentage (typically) give you 'joy' (and why / how do they)?

most, because it's nice to be remembered

4) What percentage do you actually know without confirming.

If you mean who I know they're from, all of them if they're to me.

5) What percentage are from people you are likely to have sent cards
to previously?

all

6) What percentage might be from people you hadn't had any other
contact with over the previous year (and why not)?

about 1/3rd.

7) What percentage would be (only) in an electronic form (email,
eCard, IM etc)?

sent one by email this year!

8) (This one might take some real honesty). Is there any value to you
having all the cards on display (assuming you were to etc)?
I ask because I know it was to my Mum and Dad and I had the job of
putting up all the strings for them to hang them on and they liked
knowing that (say) 150 people had sent them a card?

it's nice and christmassy, and helps convince myself I have a social life.

9) When sending xmyth cards (as a couple and assuming you are a 'man'
here) ... do you get / write / post / deliver them or are you only
involved in say the (local) delivery bit?

Design the card, order the cards from the printer, write the cards, post the cards, deliver the cards, ... but I am single.

10) Who chooses which person get's which card and is there a range?

I do, and subject to availability everyone gets the same from one or two designs. A few people will get one of a previous year's spare cards. People I don't like much will get one from the last Woolworth's jumbo box.

I can see me dropping to email cards only for the people who aren't local, because of the postage costs.

Owain