Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On 16/12/2018 11:35, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:32:48 +0000, Richard
wrote:

On 16/12/2018 00:04, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:37:29 +0000, Richard
wrote:

snip
Indeed it sounds twisted and bitter, and completely lacking in human
empathy, or any trace of civility.

Which is exceedingly hypocritical in his instance considering his
lengthy pontifications on the topic of empathy.

Yes Rod, I would be interested to hear how you set your moral compass
where someone being inactive has fewer rights than someone doing
something actively to someone and against their wishes?

I might enjoy my job at the abattoir so according to you I should be
able to send some of the firms charity Xmyth cards to all my friends,
including the vegans and they should just suck it up?

So you have an imaginary job at the abattoir.

Whoosh.

Whatever floats your boat.

It's mostly fresh (or brackish) water, if you are actually interested.

Don't send Christmas cards to the vegans,

I don't, to anyone (keep up).

a slice of liver should do nicely.

Would that still come under 'letter' for postage purposes?

The world must be so straightforward to you left brainers ... except
for completely missing out on all analogies of course.

'The point' is that if someone has explicitly requested someone
doesn't send them an Xmyth card for several perfectly valid and
genuine reasons (one of being the environmental impact of such
procedures), how do you then get through to them that you are serious
about your request? And it's not just the one card, it's all the cards
set to me ad everone else who would rather prefer they didn't.

It's the same as smoking. When I asked non smokers (and even some
smokers) if they would *prefer* not to be exposed to be smoke they
typically all answered 'yes', just most didn't feel they had the right
to not be so exposed (so would often 'suffer in silence'). Now times
they are a changing and all sorts of people and groups are having
their voice heard and the balance of rights set returned.

Cheers, T i m

You intrigue me. You *can* make a decision to not receive Christmas
cards, but *cannot* make a decision when it is life changing.
The one constant, is the sheer quantity of blather you generate. FWIW, I
thought Bob Eager's "Wowstick" was a tongue-in-cheek poke at you. You
know, like the Ugly Stick.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=ugly%20stick