Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Static electricity to the eyeball?

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 15 Dec 2018 17:41:06 -0000, "Kristy Ogilvie"
wrote:

Victor Riesel, an investigative newspaper "journalist and columnist",
had acid thrown in his face by mobsters, when he was 43 years old, and
he was blind the rest of his life (but he continued to write his column
until he was 76). These days I think they have ways to smooth things
over. at least if the damage is small.

You'd think the acid would only damage the outer layers of the eyeball, which should be repairable, unless it got inside the eye socket and dripped round the back?

This was in 1956. They couldnt' fix outer layers either, I think. The
result has to be smooth and transparent. Just think of how few things in
your body, or in nature, are transparent. You might get lucky now.

A neighbor of mine got shocked by her landline phone when lightning
struck while I was talking to her on my phone. It turned out that the
phone line protective ground had been disconnected. She said that her
hearing was hyper-sensitive for weeks after that. Everything was way louder.

I could use that these days.

Where do I disconnect that ground and how do I get my phone struck by
lightning?

Can't you just rig something up with a Van-de-Graff or the insides of an insect zapper and a phone not connected to the main line?

Lightning is 1000's of times stronger than that. I guess I'll have to
settle for what hearing powers I have.