Yasashii Arbaito

Default Custom shower construction

(sk) wrote in message om...
I am planning on building a custom shower in my bathroom which will
utilize a PVC/CPE membrane under a multi layer mortar/wire fabric
floor.
[...]
Any input would be appreciated.

I'd strongly suggest you get a copy of Setting Tile by Michael Byrne.
He discusses this very subject in some detail. I think he also has
a video on it.

We did something a bit less demanding (upstairs laundry with floor drain),
and used a troweled-on membrane for waterproofing. Probably this is
less favored for something like a shower (too great a chance of leaving
a gap), but was dead simple to apply - trowel on in one direction, let
dry, trowel on crosswise, let dry again, and then thinset and tile.

--
Y.