Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 13:27:17 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

snip

Yes. I have staff who send cards:-)

;-)

This years cheap offering from China
has had to be embellished with glue and glitter which is now firmly
attached to all our kitchen surfaces.

And it's not like you don't have enough outbuildings A. could use (but
don't tell her I said that!). ;-)

I suppose one should admire a desire to maintain contact with college
friends of 53 years back but generally my views align with Tim.

I think if the truth be told, many people (and not just men) would
'not bother' with much of it, if only they had the bottle to. However,
they are too bothered about what X or Y might think, just as they do
about their house decor or the clothes they wear.

My first wife used to 'do' the Xmyth cards and when I had my first
Xmyth with her I handed her the heap of last years cards for her to
'process'.

She basically said she had a hard enough time bothering to do hers, so
why would she do 'mine' and so neither of us bothered from then on (30
years or so now).

I can't say it's had any impact on the number of friends we have (or
want) as the *real* friends and good family 'understand' and respect
our wishes.

They are the sort of people who will try to 'pop in' on when passing
.... or send the odd 'Gwan' text or email any time of the year.

I think we are ahead of our time ... just as I was re smoking in
public places and one day we will reflect when we used to cut down
thousands of trees, turn them into cardboard, cover them in glitter
and heavy ink and put them in a paper 'envelope and post them to each
other?

Cheers, T i m