Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Kristy Ogilvie Kristy Ogilvie is offline

Default Static electricity to the eyeball?

On 2018-12-15 2:12 p.m., Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 20:44:52 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 14:43:50 -0000, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Kristy Ogilvie brought next idea :
Where is this protective ground? There certainly isn't one in
any BT
master
socket I've seen, just a couple of twisted pairs coming through a
plastic
tube to the socket.

Some service lines would be fitted with a ground connection in the
early GPO days, but I doubt any are now. Most likely there will be a
ground at the pole or the cabinet.

I assume this is only for overhead lines anyway, mine are underground.

Strangely some newer houses in the next block have overhead phone
wires
(but underground mains wires). Did they forget them when building or
something?

Or something most likely. Likely the conduit is there but was collapsed
by a truck or something so they took the easy way out and went
overhead.

But it's a couple of hundred houses. And the overhead lines are from
poles to each house.

there's a giant rock under the ground ,
the ground water is too close to the top ,
the shovel guy was sick that day

Ground water is possible. It's clay soil in my garden, and BT has a
problem with a wet junction box under the pavement in the culdesac.

If I dig, I get water only 2 feet below the ground in the rainy season.

ROFL, rainy season, this is Scotland, so that's 364 days a year. I like
summer in Scotland, this year it was a Wednesday.

i live about 500 miles south of alaska ,
we don't have summer we have day time and night time

That far north isn't daytime 6 months and nighttime 6 months?