Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On 15/12/2018 09:21, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
On 14/12/2018 17:32, Reentrant wrote:
On 14/12/2018 15:16, John Rumm wrote:
Things you have seen or have on your wish list?

(needing some inspiration!)

Â*Â*I've just watched the latest Skillbuilder video where Bisby uses a
split ring spanner for compression joints, looks a lot easier than a
Stilson.
Â*Like this:

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Han...+Tools/sd210/S
plit+Ring+Compression+Fitting+Spanner/p23418

Yup, I have a couple of those and they are good. Only thing is none of
the folks I am getting presents for are into plumbing.

Although perhaps that is just down to their lack of spanners ;-)

My recent plumbing experiences point towards a need for robust but thin
open ended spanners.

What like these:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...eelSpanner.jpg

Yup, an essential part of a plumbing kit, for the odd occasion nothing
else will fit, but not at all comfortable or pleasant to use IME.

--
Cheers,

John.