Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 02:50:33 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 14/12/2018 20:30, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:07:33 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 14/12/2018 16:29, T i m wrote:

We have even threatened to send a video of the few Xmyth cards we do
get going though the shredder unopened to the senders (in the hope that
they will finally get the message) but not actually gotrountuit yet.

So how are you going to do that then?

Really?

Video it on my phone and email them the video or link to it?

I was more intrigued how you would know where to send the video if you
have destroyed the card before opening it and hence don't know who sent
it...

I really meant that 'when it wasn't obvious where the card came from
because of the handwriting or because it was given to another family
member to give to me', I would open it to see if it was from, close it
again and then shred / video it.

With her Mum it took her to tear it in half in front of her (unopened)
before she got what we were asking (sounds harsh but we had asked
often enough and that manage to do the trick).

Because neither of us are religious, neither of us send / hand Xmyth
cards to anyone because why would we? Just in the same way we wouldn't
actively get involved in any other religious / other 'tradition /
ceremony if it wasn't a natural part of our lives.

'We don't do Christmas' is generally all it needs for most people but
for others, it takes a bit more.

Like, if we go somewhere where they are aware we 'Don't do Christmas'
and so know they won't get a card or presents, how do they think it
makes us feel when they then give us a card or present? They say they
are happy to give without receiving (and I get that in general) but at
Xmas the 'tradition' is 'exchanging' gifts?

Why is it assumed that we would celebrate Xmas but not Duvali,
Hanukkah or Imbolc?

Cheers, T i m