Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Anyone got any good xmas diyish gift / gadget ideas?

On 14/12/2018 22:03, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 21:33:18 +0000, ARW wrote:

snip

Normal people who send Xmas cards put their names inside the Xmas card.

Presumably strangers you mean, people you haven't already exchanged email
addresses with? I'm hardly likely to bother to send such a video to an
older person who doesn't have email.

My point is that *real friends* accept and understand when we say we
prefer not to receive cards (suggesting they give that cost to charity)
that they acknowledge such and don't send a card.

We used to get a card addressed to people we didn't know but it was not
any of the previous occupiers of that address or the name of anyone
local. The writing was all spidery so it was probably someone old and now
they have stopped so ... ;-(

We also sometimes get a card from what I believe might be my 'cousins'
but I don't know them or them us obviously (they address it to Tim and my
first wife's name from 30 years ago). What's the point (for them)?

Basically, (IMHO of course g) it's a pointless and disgusting waste of
the worlds resources and a financial burden on those who often can't
afford it (postage and cards). If you actually *want* to keep in touch
with someone, do so (visit, letter, email, social media, telephone call)
and not just once a year?

A letter?

Is that not similar to a card?

Its still paper based and still needs a stamp.

--
Adam