Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Any disadvantage in using 22mm instead of 15mm copper pipe?

In article ,
wrote:
I doubt you would notice any difference at the shower head unless you
increase the pressure by: raising the header tank, converting to mains
pressure or adding a pump. However, it *might* be beneficial to provide
the showers with 15mm dedicated feeds from a 22mm feed from the tank.

I have an Aqualisa shower designed for 22mm feeds. From a low pressure
header tank system. Brilliant shower - high flow low pressure. Same with
the feeds to the bath. No point in 22mm to a basin etc though. As the taps
themselves will throttle the flow.

--
*When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.