pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Default Radiant Heat in Slab -- HELP!

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:07:47 GMT, Java Man (Espressopithecus)
wrote:

In article , thnewton@nospam-
hotmail.com says...
~ Thanks so much guys for sharing your knowledge. I had a long talk with the
~ contractor today... here's an update. By the way, my location is Long Island
~ NY... average evening temp in Feb about 25 or so, the ground below is dry
~ and densly packed earth with some clay
~
~ We just had a frank talk...
~
Details snipped.

I think your contractor should have consulted you before going ahead
without insulating the slab.

The extra insulation at the edge of the slab will make a significant
difference in the temperature of the ground under the slab because
the "temperature gradient" will be much flatter. That doesn't excuse
the builder, but his offer to install the perimeter insulation at his
expense seems fair.

What would seem 'fair' would be for him to live up to the
orginal contract.

And he offered to do it at his 'cost', not at his 'expense' -
in other words, it's not free to the home owner ( it looks like it
should be ).

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/