Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Two stroke weed whacker primer bulb

In article ,
says...

If you don't have one of those adjusting tools you should get one.
They are only a few bucks on Amazon

Assuming I can figure out which is the right one and they sell them.
This has a white plastic thing and a red plastic thing. I assume one is
idle, the other the main jet. The white one has a slot and turns with
a small screwdriver. But they are shaped so they interact with each other
and the red one has no hole to insert anything. The white can go about
1/4 turn before it hits the red one which prevents it from going any
further. The red one could also be turned, but only so far before it
hits part of the white one. IDK how you're supposed to turn the red one,
but it looks like if you turned the white one after it hits the red one,
that would force the red one to move. They are kind of both shaped like
comas, where the tails interact with each other. I may just say to hell
with it, it's running OK to do what I need. The idle should be a little
slower, but that's an easy screw.

It may be those plastic things are only caps that cover the actual
screws. There seems to be about half a dozen or more adjustment tools.
I had one brand of small engine and there did not seem to be an
adjustment tool from anywhere but the factory. I finally got the screws
out and used a fine blade on my Dremel tool and just cout a screw slot
in it. For some reason the enviroment people don't want people messing
with the adjustments and from the factory they are set to just barley
run as the mix is on the lean side. Usually a half to a turn more on
the screw makes it iddle and run much better.